I know, I know. Who writes a soup recipe in the middle of Summer while living in California? Me.
I don’t think it’s that bad to be writing a soup recipe considering most of us are working from home, should be quarantining as much as possible, and if you are anything like me wishing for Fall to approach quicker.
This soup could not be easier to make and big surprise – it’s healthy! Most importantly – it’s a Crock Pot dish! You can easily convert this to vegan if you opt out of the butter as well as the cheese and sour cream garnish at the end. I hope you try it out!
Black Bean Soup
Calories per Serving (includes garnish): 262
Carbs: 34 grams
Protein: 15.5 grams
Fat: 6.1 grams
- 4 Cans of Black Beans Drained
- 2 Yellow Onions Quartered
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Better Than Bouillon Vegetable Base (these are my FAVORITE bases I cannot recommend them enough – but if you want to use vegetable stock instead that is okay 🙂 )
- 4 Cups of Water
- Half a Jalapeno
- 2 Tablespoons Kerrygold Butter
- Salt/Pepper/Garlic Powder/Chili Flakes to Taste
- 1 Bell Pepper Quartered
- Juice of whole lime
- Are you ready for this? Dump all your ingredients into a Crock Pot. If you are cooking on High let the soup cook for 4 hours – if cooking on Low let the soup cook for 8 hours.
- Once cooking time has been met use an immersion blender to smooth out the soup! You can always put the mixture in the blender in small batches.
- The end – seriously that easy. Garnish with Lime, Hot Sauce, Sour Cream, Cheese, Tortilla Chips, Cabbage – anything you can think of that is delicious to you!!
- Enjoy 🙂
I hope you enjoy this recipe with your family! It cannot be easier, quciker, or healthier!
As always – if you try a recipe let us know! We love to see you share on Facebook or Instagram! Tag away!