I love a good sprout. If you don’t like brussels sprouts or you refuse to even try them we cannot be friends. These are not your grandma’s or mom’s boiled brussels sprouts. It is time evolve, friend. Branch out a little. These have TEXTURE and are nice and crunchy on the outside while being delicate and soft on the inside – everything you want from the perfect sprout.
Out of all the crazy things I make in my kitchen this is by far the most requested from Mr. Harris. Honey Mustard Brussels – so here I am giving the secret away and believe it or not a HEALTHY recipe. Weird. Let’s get started.
- 1lb of Brussels Sprouts sliced in half (I buy mine in a ready to go bag from the store because I am lazy)
- 3 Tablespoons Stone Ground Mustard (Grey Poupon Family, here)
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- Salt/Pepper/Garlic Powder to taste
- 1 Teaspoon of Chili Flakes
- 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil/Cooking Oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. If you sprouts were not washed and sliced in half by your lovely grocery store – do that now.
- Drizzle the sprouts with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Put in oven for 15 minutes.
- While your sprouts are in the oven combine your mustard, lemon juice, honey, and garlic flakes in a bowl and stir.
- Take sprouts out of the oven after the 15 minute mark and toss. Drizzle your delicious sauce on top and toss again. Back in the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the brussels are fork tender.
- I drizzle once done with a little extra lemon juice but totally up to you!
- Eat!! I did not serve these with other healthy options but these are healthy! LOL