I have an unhealthy obsession with chicken wings or as my child self referred them “chicken on the bone”. Chicken wings are easy, delicious, and possibilities are endless with cooking/flavor options!
These are simple, easy, bbq’d, and most importantly – delicious! Try them for your next weekend snack!!
- 2lbs of party style chicken wings (drums and flats)
- 2 tablespoons of butter (Kerrygold only house, here)
- 5 tablespoons of your favorite hot sauce (we used Crystal Hot Sauce)
- 2-3 tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- Salt/Pepper/Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil for drizzle
- Place your chicken wings on a baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a small sauce pan melt your butter, add your hot sauce, and maple syrup. Taste your sauce as it melts and adjust heat/sweetness as necessary.
- Preheat BBQ to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken wings on your grill once it is preheated. I place mine skin side down on the grates to start. Let wings cook for 3 minutes before flipping. Close lid on BBQ!
- Flip wings and let them cook another 5 minutes. Close lid on BBQ.
- After your wings have been on the grill for 6-8 minutes and grilled on each side take a small brush and begin brushing your wings with the sauce you made! Let each side with sauce cook for 1 minute, flip, sauce the other side, and repeat twice on each side of the wings!
- Pull wings off the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- If you want really sauced wings you can reserve the leftover sauce and toss the wings in them after taking off the grill. You don’t sauce the chicken wings until they are cooked (6-8 minute mark) so your sauce is safe.
- We did not extra sauce these – we like the caramelizing of the syrup and char of the grill!
- Serve with some ranch and Summer drink and Enjoy!
As always if you try a Harris & Co Recipe tag us on Facebook or Instagram!!!!