Have y’all noticed how many people do not know how to spell “quarantine” since covid became a thing? Yea, me too.
I am not immune to living the quarantine life of limited grocery items as well as limited grocery trips. We order groceries once per week and I will give major props to our usual store, Raleys as it has been weeks now since a LARGE amount of items I ordered were not able to be filled. Watch I jinx myself now, but in all seriousness, in my weekly order they maybe cannot fill 2-3 items at this point. When the shelter in place first started it was literally about 50% of our order not being filled — I think the hoarding has gotten slightly better! I just wish people would hoard dumb shit that I don’t care about like like lettuce or shrimp. We’ll survive.
This recipe started the same way 98.9% of my recipes do which is out of nowhere, throwing shit together for a few weeks until I feel confident a real “recipe” has been mastered. The good thing about quiche – put whatever the heck you want it! I will probably judge you for some items, but you’ll never know! Everything in the below recipe I have been able to find in the grocery on the regular – if your state or city is hoarding some of the below items – sorry!
- 12 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Cream Cheese
- 6 Strips of Bacon Cubed
- 1/2 Yellow onion
- 5 Cloves of garlic
- Roasted Red Peppers (Jarred)
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Red Chili Flakes
- 1/4 Cup cubed Monterey Jack Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Avocado Sliced
- Lime Juice
- Frying Pan
- Casserole Dish
- Hope you know how to whisk eggs! Crack your 12 eggs into a large bowl – this is where your salt/pepper/red chili flake come into play. Set to the side.
- In a frying pan over medium heat cook your bacon, onion, garlic, and butter all together. I cooked the bacon until it was crispy!
- Oil your casserole dish, pour your WHISKED eggs in and then pour your bacon/onion/garlic in with them. I did wait 5 minutes for the bacon to cool slightly and dumped as much grease as I could. Bacon fat never hurt anyone.
- Here is where creativity comes into play! I dolloped the cream cheese all over the casserole (just take a spoon and little bits of cream cheese) – if you are being weird about cream cheese in your eggs stop it, woman up, and do it.
- Sprinkle your roasted red peppers and tomatoes all over the top.
- Cheese! Add all your cheeses!!
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees in your oven.
- Broil for one minute once finished for that crispy top.
- Plate with sliced avocado with some lime and salt.
- Nothing better – enjoy your quarantine.