A few weeks before the end of the world it was Dillon’s Birthday! Yay! March 8th in case you are a loser, missed it, and owe him a gift. We had a feast of a day with all his favorite foods. I started with Southwest Eggrolls and I haven’t decided if I am going to post that recipe just yet because they are really hard to photograph and the pictures I have now are horrendous. Priorities. Second, we had these drumsticks. I meant to get wings, but grabbed the wrong bird parts…. you understand….I don’t know how I confused these for wings unless I thought I was buying ostrich meat or something, but so it is. We ended with skirt steak fettuccine and homemade red velvet pudding – all of which I can post here – hold your horses!
Personally, I was most proud of the ostrich wings (I shouldn’t call them that or PETA will come after me). I thought of the recipe from scratch and somehow someway it turned out fantastic. So, if you love sweet, spicy, salty, and Asian themed foods you may want to make these. Also, they are really easy so you can definitely be lazy about it!
- Chicken wings OR drumsticks
- 1 Cup Ponzu Sauce (Found in Asian Aisle)
- 4 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Apricot Preserve
- 2 Tablespoons Red Chili Flakes
- Green Onions for Garnish
- Everything Seasoning for Garnish
- Ziploc Bag (People get mad when I don’t INCLUDE EVERYTHING)
- Baking Sheet
- Pour ponzu sauce, 3 tablespoons of Sriracha, brown sugar, apricot preserve, and red chili flakes into Ziploc bag. Shake up all the ingredients!
- Place chicken product of your choice into Ziploc bag.
- Let marinade for 4-6 hours.
- After 4-6 hours or MORE….whatever….cook chicken product of your choice on a baking sheet , place into the oven at 350 degrees, and let cook for 45-60 minutes.
- One chicken product is literally falling off the bones – broil on 500 degrees for about 5 minutes. Actually, just watch your own broiler. Mine took 5 mins but I don’t want anyone crying that they burned their chicken because they have some superior broiler.
- Garnish chicken product of your choice with sliced green onion, leftover Sriracha, and Everything Bagel Seasoning.