March 21st, 2020 – if you are not in quarantine you’re an idiot. I am not going to write our quarantine diaries during food posts, but given this is the first quarantine post let me give y’all the rundown. We live in CA – I am not going to get more specific than that in case some of you are weird stalkers. WE DO NOT LIVE IN LOS ANGELES.
Technically, CA has been in lock down or “shelter in place” since last night, but we have been quarantined for roughly the past 10 days, and leaving the house less than 5 times in that time frame. We now work from home, order groceries from home, and everything else normal people do just now at home all the time. I have a compromised immune system – you will NOT see my ass leaving the house for anything non-essential, and if YOU are – you’re an asshole. Leave our blog.
Now, that we had all the assholes leave the blog I will be happy to share my recipe. Fortunately, finding food has not become such a battle that we have to hunt for our own food….yet. While people are busy hoarding toilet paper I was busy hoarding snacks. I love grocery shopping so quarantine has been hard for me to let other people pick out my food and I am finding that 90% of my recipe inspiration comes from just browsing the stores. I now need new inspiration – maybe I will start smoking weed.
Apparently everyone is hoarding eggs now. Why?! Eggs go bad! My only hope is that with so many kids off school eggs are being eaten in abundance for breakfasts – I should know – Dillon loves eggs.
I’ll shut up now. Hopefully, these items are easy to find, they are cheap, this meal is fast, healthy(?), and quick!
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- Yams (or potatoes if you want to be a loser) (peeled and diced)
- 5 strips of Bacon
- 1/2 Red Onion (diced)
- Can of Chipotle Peppers
- 1/4 Cup of Sour Cream
- 1/2 Lime Squeezed for Juice
- 3 Tablespoons cooking oil (I used avocado)
- However many eggs you want!
- 2 Garlic cloves (diced)
- Baking Sheet
- Wash (don’t be gross) and peel your yams. Dice them in 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut red onion to be the same size as yams.
- Dice Bacon to be the same size as yams.
- Get your baking sheet out and throw the yams, bacon, garlic, onion, S&P, oil, and then toss it all together! Place your baking sheet with goodies in a 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes. The longer the yams cook the better they taste and the bacon will be FINE. Stop stressing about your bacon.
- While your goodies cook in the oven get a bowl and mix together the lime juice, sour cream, S&P, and as many chipotle peppers as you would like. Personally, we used one. You will want some heat because yams are soooo sweet – especially when you bake them for long periods of time they essentially turn into candy — so spice up your sour cream! Hint: you could use yogurt or mayo for this sauce, but apparently rather than hoarding eggs or TP I hoarded Daisy Sour Cream so if you need Sour Cream I will have some for the next 100 years.
- When your yams are about 5 minutes away from being done cook your eggs. I will not tell you how to cook your eggs for hash, but if you are not cooking them to over medium you are wrong.
- Swipe some sauce on a plate, throw the hash on top, and then throw your egg (s) on top of all that!